We use our own and third-party cookies to optimize your experience on this site, including to maintain user sessions. Without these cookies our site will not function well. If you continue browsing our site we take that to mean that you understand and accept how we use the cookies. If you wish to decline our cookies we will redirect you to Google.
Already have an account? Sign in.

 Remember Me | Forgot Your Password?

Post Sees Wheetabix Acquisition As Vehicle To Expand Overseas

April 18, 2017: 12:00 AM EST
Breakfast cereal maker Post Holdings expects its acquisition of the iconic British breakfast food Wheetabix to expand its presence in the U.K. and other international markets, including China. The $1.76 billion purchase is the latest in a series of buys the company hopes will balance the slack growth environment prevailing in the packaged foods industry. Post is acquiring Weetabix from Bright Food Group Co., a Chinese conglomerate, and from minority shareholder Baring Private Equity Asia. Bright has owned 60 percent of Weetabix since 2012, when Wheetabix was valued at $1.5 billion (including debt). Baring has owned the other 40 percent since 2015. Post has agreed in principle to create a joint venture with Bright and Baring to manage Weetabix’s China operations, which have not been able to boost market share for the whole-grain biscuit cereal in the region over the last five years.  [Image Credit: © Wheetabix.com ]
Ben Dummett, "Post Buying Weetabix in $1.76 Billion Deal", The Wall Street Journal, April 18, 2017, © Dow Jones & Company, Inc.
North America
United States of America
United Kingdom
Companies, Organizations
Deals, M&A, JVs, Licensing
Market News
Products & Brands
Developed by Yuri Ingultsov Software Lab.